Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition
How long have you been searching for a healthcare solution that involves less medicine and more healing? If you are tired of being given a prescription for yet another medication that is only going to mask the symptoms you are experiencing, if you are tired of your condition defining your life, it’s time to learn more about the incredible power of functional medicine.
Benefits of Functional Medicine
Functional medicine seeks to correct the underlying causes of symptoms or conditions through natural, non-toxic, non-invasive services or interventions. Your body needs a wake-up call, not a placebo or temporary solution. And you don’t want to feel unlike yourself with yet another prescription that isn’t quite right and doesn’t quite get the job done.
Functional medicine and clinical nutrition are healthcare solutions that can make your hope of healing a reality.
- There is a difference between stopping symptoms and addressing a problem. Functional medicine addresses the deeper causes of the symptoms you’re experiencing, rather than just putting them on pause. This approach can take time, but the results are long-lasting. Even natural herbs, chiropractic medicine, and physical therapy are only a temporary cover-up. But used in conjunction with functional medicine for a personalized healing plan, solutions like these can change your life. Functional medicine therapies not only stop symptoms, they rebuild the body and normalize proper function. Symptoms go away, not because they’re being blocked, but because the body has healed and reversed the problem.
- Your body can heal itself. Functional medicine focuses on elevating the function of the body to create a healing state. The goal: Allow the body itself to reverse the symptoms and conditions you’re experiencing. Covering up or stopping symptoms may help in the short-term, but there is a likelihood that the problems will return later.
- You don’t always need medicine to heal. Nutrition repletion, detoxification, diet correction, improved exercise and sleep habits, muscular therapy, neural therapy, and more can be applied to create a strong, healing state in the body. Drugs change the chemical composition of your body and impact your ability to heal fully. Functional medicine targets the root causes of a health problem, starting from the inside out, so you are truly repairing your whole body.
- Medical intervention does not always fix chronic problems. Medical treatment is best suited for crisis-care or emergency intervention. Long-standing symptoms or chronic problems require a different approach for the body to heal and reverse its current state, whether you are living with arthritis, digestive issues, cancer, headaches, joint pain, or mental illness. When medical intervention is used long-term, it tends to cover-up symptoms – and the disease progression continues. This causes new symptoms to emerge later.
Gentle, healing services are available. Functional medicine moves beyond aggressive medical treatment that often comes with little explanation, and puts the power to heal right back at the source – you.
The Customized, Patient-Centered Approach
By taking a customized, patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just the problem that is currently presenting. The following methods are often employed in functional medicine to heal a chronic condition:
- Balancing digestive health
- Diabetes and blood sugar management
- Investigating environmental factors
- Planning physical activity
- Stabilizing stress hormones
- Thyroid therapy
- Weight management
- Wellness and preventive care
There is no one-size-fits-all solution in functional medicine. Practitioners of this type of healthcare respect that every person is unique both genetically and biochemically. Identifying why a problem exists is a major key to repairing and eliminating that problem entirely. And not only is the objective to eliminate disease and chronic afflictions, but to focus on disease prevention, minimize age-related conditions, and improve energy and stamina.
Label Yourself Healthy with the Help of Functional Medicine.
In functional medicine, we want to look deeper, get to know you inside and out, come to understand your lifestyle, diet, behavior, environment, stresses, relationships, family history, medical history, and even spiritual beliefs – your overall well-being includes more than just information about physical symptoms.
Be heard. Take an active role in your health now. Be empowered to heal your body in the present and for the future. You don’t have to always be a patient, always be unwell or less than – that is not your identity. Seek out a life that preserves vitality, because you deserve the privilege of enjoying good health and happiness.
Functional medicine is a commitment to your own well-being. If you are ready to change your habits, improve your nutrition, and revise your lifestyle, our services can work for you. You are living with your chronic condition – and you’re living with the solution.
Make the choice to heal yourself, with our help. Contact The Restorative Wellness Center in Ann Arbor to schedule your appointment with our functional medicine team. Let’s have a conversation.